As we are coming to the end of 2019, many of us will be thinking about New Year’s resolutions and the year ahead. Whether it’s in terms of personal or business development, the start of a new year is a great time for new beginnings. If you are a business owner you may well already be planning your marketing strategy.
A new year is a perfect time to think about a website redesign. Since the core of your online presence is your website, it’s important that your website should be kept up-to-date and refreshed on a regular basis.
Here are 3 great reasons to redesign your website in 2020.
- Your website isn’t mobile-friendly
- According to figures published by the Office for National Statistics, 78% of internet access is via mobile phones and devices.
- It is also important for SEO that your website is mobile-friendly.
- Google has changed its search indexing to be ‘mobile-first’. This means that they will use the mobile version of the page rather than the desktop version, for indexing and ranking.
- Your website isn’t easy to navigate
- Most visitors will decide within the first few seconds of landing on your website whether to stay or leave (bounce).
- Website design is all about user experience, how easy it is for users to move around your website. This means that your site should be easy to navigate with a clear call to action (a response for users to complete).
- The content on your website isn’t relevant anymore
- Content is one of the most important elements of your website.
- Older websites can often be difficult if not impossible to update yourself, however, with new platforms you can update your website as and when you need to. A website that is updated with fresh and relevant information on a regular basis shows that your business is up to date and focused on what you do. A stagnant website rarely converts anyone. Fill your new website with case studies and updates to show potential clients that your business can help to solve their problems and make their life easier.
- Content is definitely still king, so having a website that makes it easy for you to add new content is essential if you want your website to be a success in 2020